Thursday, January 21, 2010

She Like's to Have Fun

For about the past three months we have been sharing our lives with a giant blue cat-dragon . No this is not another pet I brought home. This is Maren's imaginary friend Toodee. Toodee hails from Winter Iceland, and is one of the life sized characters on a hugely popular kids show called Yo Gabba Gabba.
I remember the day Maren introduced me to Toodee. I was sitting at the kitchen table.

Maren: Mom, Toodee is here.
Me: Toodee. Who is Toodee?
Maren: My imaginary friend.
Me: What does Toode look like?
Maren: She is blue.
Me: Do you mean Toodee from Yo Gabba Gabba the T.V. show?
Maren: Yes


She likes to have fun

In a way I was a bit relieved that this new found friend is really an imaginary friend and not a little spirit friend. I find imaginary friends to be a bit on the creepy side, which I am sure stems from my intrigue of shows like Paranormal State, Hauntings. I am not sure why Toodee captured Maren's attention, she watches the show, but never asks to watch it like she does with the ever annoying Sponge Bob Square Pants. If it is on, it is on. I enjoy watching though to see what celebrities and bands are going to make a guest appearance. Jack Black, the Ting Tings, Elijah Wood, Andy Samberg, Tony Hawk, and the Roots have made an appearance on this whacked out show.

Toodee goes to dinner with us, preschool, the library, to st. George. I had to do Toodees hair the other morning before preschool-I just threw it back in a quick ponytail and called it good. Sometimes she takes showers with Maren, or we have make her dinner. There have been many times I have thrown things on the seat next to Maren in the car, and hear, "Hey, you just threw that on Toodee." "No, I asked Toodee to hold it for me."

I haven't heard much from Toodee in the past couple weeks. So when I asked Maren where Toodee has been, she told me that she has had the flu and has been at home with her mom.

Maren is a creative little thing and it is fun to see how she role plays with Toodee, or with her imaginary horses when she is playing cowgirl. But really, we do need to get a sibling here for her. A real live human to play with!


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love yo gabba gabba! Maren is a sweetie pie!
Good luck with the sibling effort!